Monday, April 08, 2024

The Ultimate Selfie

It was sadly quite cloudy during the totality phase of today's eclipse.  

 
If you can tear your gaze away from my giant head, 
there's an eclipse behind me.

Anyone, anytime, can get beautiful, professional, clear and highly detailed pictures of the totality phase of today's (or any) solar eclipse.  Somehow, for me, this fuzzy picture eclipses them all, pun fully intended.  I saw this one, admittedly through clouds, with my own eyes.  I was able to take those silly looking glasses off and marvel at the firsthand experience of the sun completely covered by a full moon.  At my age, I have begun to realize that there's a chance that this may be the last time I get the opportunity to see an event with this kind of rarity, so I treasured the moment.

Nature, science and humanity's ability to appreciate the wonder of both were on full display today and I hope you were able to enjoy the experience.  It was awesome, in the fullest sense of the word.

2 comments:

Barnum said...

Cool photo. Kind of makes you look like a Bond villain.

Greybishop said...

That was my exact thought when I shaved the goatee off for the first time in about 10 years.
"No Mr. Bond. I expect you to die," actually was said aloud at the time.

I could see a Bond plot with an eclipse as Blofeld's McGuffin...