Thursday, August 29, 2024

Look-ee What I Found!

Waaaay back in the early '90s, KFC ran one of the best promotions a fast food joint ever did.

They sold (gave away?  I can't recall) a set of Looney Tunes mugs to collect and sucked me right in.

I've been digging through a few boxes that got shuffled into a disused closet area in my house back when I first moved in.  I hadn't seen anything in these boxes since at least 2003.

Sufferin' Suckatash!  Look what's been stashed in a closet for 20+ years!

 
Somehow, I still don't have a Tweety.

I picked up Wile E. and Taz back in those days.  I know because I remember carting them around all over the country during my touring days.  I have no idea where or when I picked up the rest, but I'm so glad I did.  They definitely got picked up second hand, since there's a couple of ink stains on Daffy and Bugs and some "no way I did that" scratches on Yosemite Sam's nose and Sylvester's fur.  Still, I'm thrilled that I own them.

I hadn't exactly forgotten owning them.  It's more like I just assumed that they were lost during one move or another and just never made it all the way here.  I'm so, so happy to be proven wrong on that score!

Unless my finances make a miraculous rebound, I can't justify the expense of e-bay-ing a Tweety at the moment, but at least I can display these in my comic book kitchen!

There may also be a Foghorn Leghorn mug, but I will need to do more research to be sure.

I can't believe there isn't a Porky! Th-th-th-that's a fail, folks!

And the lack of a Marvin the Martian makes me very, very angry.

No comments: