Saturday, September 07, 2024

What She Said In Jest...

...in one of those "funny tweets of the week" lists...

Those tweets are never funny by the way.

Anyhow.

One of them struck one of my few remaining nerves.  It was said facetiously but I think it has real merit and as a natural night person, I fully endorse it.

They need to keep museums and art galleries open past midnight.  At 11PM, I'm ready to go do something, but the only option is a bar.  I'm a guy in his 50s.  Bars hold no mystery and less appeal.

Plus, I remember how we looked at the "old guys" in the bar when I was in my 20s.  Yeesh.

If there was an art gallery or a museum open at that time, I'd so go!  I don't want to drink at that hour, or ever, really, but I can see myself checking out some artifacts or great art.  Put a serious "no, this isn't a place for kids to meet each other" cover charge on it to pay the staff.  Sell some nice snacks and drinks at ridiculous prices and I'm a weekly visitor.

Let's get on this.

No comments: