Monday, November 13, 2023

Dead Boy Detectives

Dead Boy Detectives as a property made its television debut as a brief part of an episode of the now finished Doom Patrol. It's basically Hardy Boys with ghosts.

It's since been recast, retooled and rehomed on Netflix.

 

 

Honestly, if this wasn't a DC Comics adjacent property, it 

would be on my "Not a chance in Hell" list. 

The big claim to fame here is "from the author of The Sandman".  For a WHOLE LOT of comic book geeks, that's a huge plus and buys a ton of goodwill upfront.

For me?  Not so much.  Never read Sandman and found the tv series dull and forgettable.

As I have a personal "watch it all" commitment to comic book television and movie properties, particularly DC and Marvel, I'll give this a watch.  I'm not expecting much.

No comments: