Saturday, May 04, 2024

The Best of The Three Musketeers - Addendum

I posted a "best of" for The Three Musketeers a while back.  I also posted the trailer for a then upcoming French production of the property that was to be split into two movies.

The first, subtitled D'Artagnan, came out last year and the second, Milady, is due to be released on DVD in early June.

I don't know if this two movie version is a better movie than the 1970s version that I love so much.  It is in French and while subtitles are always a pain, it's best watched that way.  The acting, sets, direction, costumes and action all are as good as anything one could hope for in yet another production of this property.  Better might be a stretch, but it's certainly a worthy successor.

This is undeniably a French story, so it's good to see it done justice in a production in the language it was created in.

 
For Eva Green alone, I'd set aside 4 hours to watch this.

 

The standout, as with pretty much anything she's in, is Eva Green.  I had NO idea that English wasn't her first language.  Turns out she was born in Paris, so she brings her Hollywood honed skills and star power to a French production that I might well have missed entirely, if not for her participation.  I'm really glad I didn't miss this one.

You shouldn't miss it either.

No comments: