Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Sadly Missed.

The Star Trek Universe is a little less bright tonight.

Patti Yasutake, the actress Trek fans will remember as Nurse Alyssa Ogawa, has died of cancer at the age of 70.

 
A smile that could power a warp drive.

Yasutake's Ogawa character was admittedly a minor one, but in 16 episodes spread over the last 4 seasons of Star Trek - The Next Generation plus appearances in two of the franchise's big screen movies, she brought a bright presence to the infirmary.

I just got through another re-watch of all 7 seasons of TNG, so that bright smile is fresh in my mind.  My heart sank when I read the news today.  The actors and actresses who brought and bring Star Trek to the screen are a sort of extended, if never actually met, family for fans like myself.  It's always a sad moment when I lose one of them.

Thanks, Patti.  You will be missed.

No comments: