Saturday, August 03, 2024

The Most Canadian Thing I've Seen From The Olympics

As I said earlier, I don't watch the Olympics.  It is, however, impossible to miss certain things that happen during the Olympics unless you hide under a rock for a couple of weeks.

Today, I ran across something that impresses me a helluva lot more than any sporting accomplishment.

Below is a picture taken following a bad day for French gymnast Mélanie de Jesus dos Santos.  That's her with her back to the camera.

 
Canadian gymnasts Ellie Black and Shallon Olsen console 
French gymnast Mélanie de Jesus dos Santos

The two women facing the camera are Canadian gymnasts Ellie Black and Shallon Olsen.  The pair went out of their way, after a disappointing finish of their own, to console the French competitor.  It's a long exchange, shown on video in the article you can read here.

You really don't need to read it, though.  The picture says it all.

When Canadians take Canada with them as they travel, it makes me proud.  Thank you, ladies.

No comments: