Tuesday, October 15, 2024

I Am In Love!

James Gunn continues to work on the upcoming Superman movie and it's still months and months away.

However.

We got some details today and a look at the next iteration of Krypto, the Super-Dog.  I am smitten.

 
I just want to scritch that scraggly pup!

Apparently, Gunn is an advocate for rescue dogs.  This is Adopt a Shelter Dog month, so he shared that the inspiration for Krypto was his own rescue dog.  When they brought their new dog home, he proceeded to destroy their house and made Gunn wonder how much more difficult it would be to deal with if the pup had super powers.  That apparently influenced the script and the direction of the movie.

Now that I've had a look at the pup they cast as Krypto, I'm dying to see what Gunn does with him!  He's scruffier than previous incarnations and I have a feeling that will reflect in his personality.  I can't wait!

PS:

It just occurred to me that the reason I love that dog is that it looks a lot like a dog my neighbour used to dog sit a couple of times a year.  That pup was the best!  So sweet, so friendly and so happy to see me every time I got home and she was out in the yard.
I miss that dog!

No comments: